Saturday, September 08, 2007

MAKING PLANS, EATING POCKY

First, hi Melissa (aka Manga Party London Girl). We're glad you and Jacques (spelled right???) could come to the party. It was great you were there. We hope you come back -- we're going to the New York Comicon in the spring...

Next,I just got back from a Graphic Novel conference and need input. About graphic novels. Manga. Anime. For example, the author of MAIL ORDER NINJA was at the conference, and I know, it's not manga -- but I liked his stuff. You might, too, so I bought two of his books.

Third, pocky has been secured for the next meeting. But we need to make plans for some of our meetings this fall while eating said Pocky. Onigiri? Manga/anime drawing classes? Halloween costumes? Manga bookmarks? What?

Think about it.

See you then.

Nola Ni the Librarian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for the message nola um well i hope i can get in touch somehow um u were saying stuff bout grafic novels wat do u mean??? also um can u do me a favour at the next manga meeting can u get everyones email addressess for me i lost them sorry can u get emilys brunos katherines kathrines sis dana um and anyone else with msn or hotmail ohh and can i also have yours if u got one please well can we please keep in touch soo next time when i come bk i will like no everyone properly ohh tell me wats happening with the manga club right now please!!! thanks melissa xxx

Chi said...

YA NOLA!!
HI TIS ME CHI-CHAN
I WON'T BE COMING TO MEETINGS SADLY FOR THE SEASON IN CAUSE OF COLLEGE APPLICATION. I'M GOING TO DO MY BEST. NEW TARGET: STONY BROOK ACCEPTANCE! I HOPE THE PARTY WAS FUN. I CAN'T WAIT FOR HALLOWEEN. O THERE'S AN ANIME CHANNEL IN SOUTH AMERICA CALLED 'ANIMAX' THAT JUST ANIME 24 HRS. IT HAS ONE OF THE RECENT ANIME PUT OUT FROM JAPAN. I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED. FRIDAYS- EXCEL SAGA @ 7PM. IT WAS AWSOME!!! ANYWAY, I DEFENTLY HELPING OUT FOR THE TRIP TO COMICCON. THIS IS MUST NOLA. A MUST!! FOR MOST OF US IT'S OUR SENIOR YEAR. D: GASP**
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN.

~SUSAN K. CAMPOS TICONA

Anonymous said...

HI NOLA!!!!! Its Katherine. I would have typed a message to malisa two days ago but the internet wasnt working........my mom called the company but to many people were calling to complain so i couldnt. and also Nola......... Cooper (i think i spelt it right)Quit Anime cause he said it got stupid and boring.I think hes wrong. Anime is very entertaining. I like it. I dont know why he would quit it. Any way whyed cooper join it any way if he said was boring. oh watever i dont care any more.:( im changen the subject now. Whens Comic Con????? Do you also know when Icon is????? I want to go to it this year....... Im goin to ask her if i can go this year. I think it will be fun this year. Well I gtg. my moms gotta work on the computer. when shes done ill write to malisa.