Thursday, October 11, 2007

RECOMMENDATIONS, PLEASE

I just saw Ms. Andria, everybody's favorite school librarian, and she asked me to recommend some manga & graphic novels to her. So I suggested AMERICAN BORN CHINESE and the MEGATOKYO series (the latter because I am still trying to figure out L33T - did I spell that correctly?).

But what else would you recommend? It has to be something that readers of all ages could enjoy. I told Ms. Andria I was going to ask for recommendations here, so she's going to be checking the blog to see what we come up with.

Let us know.

Nola Ni the Librarian



3 comments:

silent-reaction said...

L33t is really easy to learn, Nola. Watch, let's say Largo says 'y0, d|_|d3, w|-|ts |_||0?' He'd be saying 'yo, dude, what's up?'. It goes in varying degress of complexity, ranging from 'h1' for hi to |-|!, to something dang near unrecognizable. The more complex it gets, the harder it is to decode. The L33t in megatokyo is in between the two complexities, and is dificult for people who haven't read it a few times to understand. In most cases, you just change the letters to numbers, but it helps if you don't focus on it too much and just let it sink into your head. The less you think, the more it makes sense.

-Dana

silent-reaction said...

Oh. Right. This was originally for recommendations... I say, Blood+, R.O.D, Suzumiya, Hellsing, Strawberry Marshmellow, Azumanga Daioh, Train Man (Densha Otoko),Death Note, Lain, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop!!!!!, Maria-sama ga miteru, Revolutionary girl Utena, Full Metal Panic, Excel Saga, Karin, Tenchi Muyo!!!!, Negima, Ergo Proxy... I have more, somewhere in my head...

Anonymous said...

hey um i got loads of mangas+ animes but i dunno what kind she would like like romance comedy horror i dunno sooo if u can get bk to me on which one she likes i can give u loads =]